Youth Development Programme
Are you aged between 8 and 24 and would like to know how the top stockmen produce major show champions or how they clip to get the best winter coats on the Stirling sale bulls?
Maybe you’re just interested in preparing your cattle better for local shows or markets, or just need a hand in getting started. Either way, the Aberdeen-Angus Youth Development Programme is the perfect platform for you to learn about and experience the cattle breeding industry first-hand from our team of experts.
Our workshops offer a chance to learn core skills from some of the top stockmen and women in the business. Not only is it educational, but the workshops also provide a great opportunity to mix with like-minded people. You don’t have to be an Aberdeen-Angus breeder, you just have to be ready for the challenge.
The following link will take you to our page!
A list of our 2019 workshop dates…
- Saturday 29th June 9.30am – 4pm: Southern Ireland Workshop, Liss Aberdeen Angus Herd, Liss Bungalow, Old Castle, Co Meath, Rep of Ireland
- Saturday 6th July 9.30am – 4pm: Mid Counties Workshop, Melview Herd, Gamage Hall Farm, Dymock, Glos GL18 2AE
- Sunday 7th July 9.30am – 4pm: North West England Workshop, Stoneylane Aberdeen Angus Hosted by R J & D Ashworth Sibbering Barn, Half Acre Lane, Blackrod, Bolton, Lanc BL6
- Sunday 14th July 9.30am-4pm: South West England Workshop, Exford, Somerset
- Friday 26th July 9.30am – 4pm: Southern Ireland (West) Workshop. Broomstreet Herd, Broomstreet, Mohill, Co Leitrim
- Saturday 27th July 9.30am – 4pm: Southern Ireland (West) Workshop. Branner Aberdeen Angus Hosted by Mr Shane Healy Newceston, Bandon, Co Cork
- Sunday 4th August 9.30am – 4pm: Scottish Borders Workshop. Hosted by James Playfair-Hannay Tofts, Morebattle Kelso
- Saturday 10th August 9.30am – 4pm: North East England Workshop. Tree Bridge Aberdeen Angus Hosted by David and Penny Evans Tree Bridge Farm Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough TS7 0NS
- Sunday 11th August 9.45 am – 4pm: Central Scotland Workshop, Mosston Muir Herd New House, Mosston Muir Farm Guthrie, By Forfar Angus DD8 2TX
- Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September: YDP Finale Event, Loughallen Equestrian Centre and Hotel Leitrim, Ireland
Tina Russell,NATIONAL YDP CO-ORDINATOR T: 07711 810354 firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Dick, YDP CO-ORDINATOR SCOTLAND M: 07874 013414 email@example.com
Jess Musk, YDP CO-ORDINATOR ENGLAND NORTH M: 07748 850465 firstname.lastname@example.org
Niall Lynch, YDP CO-ORDINATOR IRELAND T: 00 353 83895 9478 email@example.com
Ruth Perry, YDP CO-ORDINATOR ENGLAND SOUTH M: 07814 160526 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dexter Youth Development report
Millie Bennett, Millie’s Dexters, showed her own Pedigree Dexters and entered four young handler classes as well at The Royal Three Counties Show recently. She won three of them and had two champions and a reserve! She went on to win the Wise Perpetual trophy in the intermediate section of the National Dexter young handlers competition. She helped in the preparation of both bulls, Cannington Templar and Cannington Mason.
With our British White cattle she prepared and exhibited our cow Toodles who won the cow class and then Champion, and then went on to be placed reserve interbreed in the Rare Breed show on the Sunday.
The photo shows Millie receiving the Supreme Champion Young Handler award from Adam Henson.
I’m a very proud dad to say the least.
The second Interbreed ‘National Young Show Stars 2016’ Competition was run in partnership with the Royal Three Counties Agricultural Society at the Three Counties Showground at Malvern Worcestershire and held on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th March 2016.
Please see the informative report below.
National Young Show Stars 2016 report (PDF opens in a new window)